Manage InfluxDB Cloud billing
Learn how to upgrade your plan, access billing details, and review and resolve plan limit overages:
- Upgrade to Usage-Based Plan
- Access billing details:
- Review and resolve plan limit overages
- Billing cycle
Upgrade to Usage-Based Plan
- Click Upgrade Now in the upper right corner of the InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI).
- Set your limits (opt to receive an email when your usage exceeds the amount you enter in the Limit ($1 minimum) field). All service updates, security notifications, and other important information are sent to the email address you provide.
- Enter your payment information and billing address, and then click Upgrade. A Ready To Rock confirmation appears; click Start building your team. Your plan will be upgraded and InfluxDB Cloud opens with a default organization and bucket (both created from your email address).
Access billing details
In the InfluxDB Cloud UI, select the user avatar in the left navigation menu, and select Account > Billing.
Do one of the following:
If you subscribed to an InfluxDB Cloud plan through InfluxData, complete the following procedures as needed:
View information about:
Add or update your payment method
- On the Billing page:
- To update your card, click the Change Payment button on the Billing page.
- In the Payment Method section:
- Enter your cardholder name and number
- Select your expiration month and year
- Enter your CVV code and select your card type
Add or update your contact information
- On the Billing page:
- To update, click the Edit Information button.
- In the Contact Information section, enter your name, company, and address.
- Click Save Contact Info.
Send notifications when usage exceeds an amount
- On the Billing page, click Notification Settings.
- Select the Send email notification toggle, and then enter the email address to notify.
- Enter the dollar amount to trigger a notification email. By default, an email is triggered when the amount exceeds $10. (Whole dollar amounts only. For example, $10.50 is not a supported amount.)
View Usage-based Plan information
On the Billing page, view your billing information, including:
- Account balance
- Last billing update (updated hourly)
- Past invoices
- Payment method
- Contact information
- Notification settings
View Free Plan information
On the Billing page, view the total limits available for the Free Plan.
Review and resolve plan limit overages
If you exceed your plan’s adjustable quotas or limits, you’ll receive a notification in the InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI) Usage page.
If you exceed the series cardinality limit, InfluxDB adds a rate limit event warning on the Usage page, and begins to reject write requests with new series. To start processing write requests again, do the following as needed:
- Usage-Based plan: To request higher rate limits, contact InfluxData Support.
- Series cardinality limits: If you exceed the series cardinality limit, see how to resolve high series cardinality.
- Free plan: To raise rate limits, upgrade to a Usage-based Plan.
Write and query limits (HTTP response code)
When a request exceeds your plan’s write requests (Data In) or query requests (Reads) within a five minute window, the InfluxDB API returns the following response:
HTTP 429 “Too Many Requests” Retry-After: xxx (seconds to wait before retrying the request)
Billing occurs on the first day of the month for the previous month. For example, if you start the Usage-based Plan on September 15, you’re billed on October 1 for your usage from September 15-30.
Declined or late payments
|Initial declined payment||We’ll retry charge every 72 hours. During this period, update your payment method to successfully process your payment.|
|One week later||Account disabled except data writes. Update your payment method to successfully process your payment and enable your account.|
|10-14 days later||Account completely disabled. During this period, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your payment and enable your account.|
|21 days later||Account suspended. Contact email@example.com to settle your final bill and retrieve a copy of your data or access to InfluxDB Cloud dashboards, tasks, Telegraf configurations, and so on.|
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.