View InfluxDB Cloud data usage
To view your InfluxDB Cloud data usage, click the user avatar in the top right corner of your InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI) and select Usage.
Find data usage information for the time frame specified in the drop-down at the top of the Usage page.
- Data In: Total data in MB written to your InfluxDB Cloud instance.
- Storage: Total disk usage in gigabytes.
- Query Count: Total number of individual query operations, which include queries, tasks (alerts, notifications) and Data Explorer activity.
- Data Out: Total data in MB sent as responses to queries from your InfluxDB Cloud instance.
- Usage over the specified time period: A line graph that visualizes usage over the specified time period.
- Rate Limits over the specified time period: A list of rate limit events over the specified time period.
Exceeded rate limits
If you exceed your plan’s rate limits, InfluxDB Cloud provides a notification in the InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI) and adds a rate limit event to your Usage page for review. InfluxDB Cloud plans include the following rate limits:
- If write or read requests exceed the specified limit within a five-minute window, InfluxDB retries the request after that five-minute interval. The UI displays
- If the series cardinality exceeds the limit, requests are rejected and not queued. The UI displays
event_type_limited_cardinalityas a field.
To remove rate limits, upgrade to a Usage-based Plan.
InfluxDB API: HTTP rate limit responses
The InfluxDB API returns the following responses:
When a read or write request exceeds your plan’s limit:
HTTP 429 “Too Many Requests” Retry-After: xxx (seconds to wait before retrying the request)
When series cardinality exceeds your plan’s limit:
HTTP 503 “Series cardinality exceeds your plan's limit”
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, the following resources are available:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.