Get started with InfluxDB Cloud
After you’ve signed up for InfluxDB Cloud, you’re ready to start writing, querying, and visualizing data.
To get started working in Cloud, we recommend using demo data and notebooks.
Add demo data
This example uses InfluxDB Cloud’s Website Monitoring demo data bucket. To add the demo data bucket:
In the navigation menu on the left, click Data (Load Data) > Buckets.
Click Add Demo Data, and then select the Website Monitoring bucket.
The Demo Data bucket appears in your list of buckets.
Now that we’ve added the demo data bucket, we’re ready to create our notebook.
In the navigation menu on the left, click Notebooks.
Click +Create Notebook.
Enter a name for your notebook in the Name this notebook field.
By default, a Metric Selector and Visualization cell appear (see Cell types below for details.)
In the Metric Selector cell, click the Select a bucket dropdown and choose Website Monitoring Bucket.
A list of measurements, fields, and tags for the Website Monitoring bucket appear.
- For this example, click the
- Click Preview to preview the raw response time data in a table.
Next, we’ll make it easier to visualize the raw data by viewing it in a graph.
- By default, a visualization cell appears below your initial metric selector cell showing the mean
response_timevalues on a graph:
- Use the function dropdown menu to view different functions to apply to your data. For this response time data, the mean function is a good fit.
- Use the visualization type dropdown to view different visualization types available. For a complete list of options, see Visualization types.
- Click the gear icon ( ) to edit specific settings for the visualization type, such as colors, orientation, and labels.
A common processing task is downsampling data to view it at different levels of granularity and reduce overall data disk usage over time. The following steps use a Flux script to downsample the website monitoring sample data to every 12 hours.
- Click + to add a cell, then select Transform > Downsample.
- In the Apply aggregate field, select mean.
- In the Every Window Period field, enter a value. For this example, we’ll use
- Click Preview to view the downsampled data.
Output to a new bucket and export as a task
After processing, send the downsampled data to a new bucket to store and view it. You can write it to the bucket a single time, or export it as a task, which is a scheduled Flux script, for it write to the bucket continuously.
- Click + to add a cell, then select an Output to Bucket cell.
- In the Choose a bucket dropdown, choose +Create a Bucket.
- Enter a name for your bucket, such as Website monitoring downsampled, and click Create.
- Click Run from the Preview dropdown list to run the notebook and write to the output bucket a single time.
- To write continuously, click Export as Task in the upper right corner of the Output to Bucket cell. For details about working with tasks, see Manage tasks.
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, the following resources are available:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.