Warning! This page documents an earlier version of Kapacitor, which is no longer actively developed. Kapacitor v1.5 is the most recent stable version of Kapacitor.
The documents in this section present the key features of the Kapacitor daemon
kapacitord) and the Kapacitor client (
- Using Kapacitor in Chronograf
- Presents how Kapacitor is integrated with the Chronograf graphical user interface application for managing tasks and alerts.
- Kapacitor HTTP API reference
- Presents the HTTP API and how to use it to update tasks and the Kapacitor configuration.
- Kapacitor command line client
- Overview of the Kapacitor command line client, commands, data sampling, and working with topics and tasks.
- Kapacitor alerts overview
- Presents an overview of the Kapacitor alerting system.
- Using Kapacitor alert topics
- A walk-through on creating and using alert topics.
- Using Kapacitor event handlers to send alert messages
- Presents setting up event handlers for HipChat and Telegraf, which can serve as a blueprint for other event handlers.
- Using Kapacitor template tasks
- Use Kapacitor task templates to reduce the amount of TICKscripts you need to write
- Discovering and scraping data with Kapacitor
- Introduces the discovery and scraping features of Kapacitor, which allow metrics to be dynamically pulled into Kapacitor and then written to InfluxDB.