Use the InfluxDB Data Explorer to query data
Build, execute, and visualize SQL queries in the InfluxDB UI Data Explorer.
Query using saved scripts, the SQL builder, or by manually editing the query. Choose between visualization types for your query.
Query data with SQL and the Data Explorer
In the navigation menu on the left, click Data Explorer.
Activate the SQL Sync toggle in the Schema Browser pane to build your SQL query as you select fields and tag values.
- Typing within the script editor disables SQL Sync.
- If you reenable SQL Sync, any selection changes you made in the Schema Browser are copied to the script editor.
Select a Bucket to define your data source.
Select a Measurement from the bucket. Data Explorer inserts a
SELECTstatement to retrieve all columns in the selected measurement:
SELECT * FROM home
To add filter conditions to your query, select from the Fields and Tag Keys lists.
- Fields: filters for rows that have a non-null value for at least one of the selected field columns.
- Tag Keys: filters for rows that have all the selected tag values. To learn more, see Query specific fields and tags.
Use the time range dropdown to edit the time range for your query.
Use the script editor to customize your query–for example, to specify what tags and fields to retrieve:
SELECT temp, time FROM home
Click the Run button (or press
Control+Enter) to run your query and view the results.
See Query data to learn more about building SQL queries.
Save your work
Data Explorer keeps your last change–for example, if you navigate to Buckets or signout and then come back, you’ll see your SQL query and selections in Data Explorer.
To store a query that you can retrieve and reuse, Save your query as a script.
View SQL query results
After you Run your query, Data Explorer displays the results.
- Click Table for a paginated tabular view of all rows and columns.
- Click Graph to select a visualization type and options.
- Click CSV to download query results in a comma-delimited file.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
Customers with an annual or support contract can contact InfluxData Support.