Update an organization
Use the InfluxDB user interface (UI) or the
influx command line interface (CLI)
to update an organization.
If you change an organization name, be sure to update the organization connection credential in clients that connect to your InfluxDB Cloud Serverless organization.
Update an organization in the InfluxDB UI
- In the top navigation menu, click the drop-down menu with the same of your organization.
- Click Settings.
- Click Rename. A verification window appears.
- Review the information, and then click I understand, let’s rename my organization.
- Enter a new name for your organization, and then click Change organization name.
Update an organization using the influx CLI
influx org update command
to update an organization. Updating an organization requires the following:
- The org ID (provided in the output of
influx org list)
Update the name of a organization
# Syntax influx org update -i <org-id> -n <new-org-name> # Example influx org update -i 034ad714fdd6f000 -n my-new-org
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
Customers with an annual or support contract can contact InfluxData Support.