Write an external plugin
Set up your plugin to use it with
For listed external plugins, the author of the external plugin is also responsible for the maintenance and feature development of external plugins.
- Write your Telegraf plugin. Follow InfluxData’s best practices:
- If your plugin is written in Go, follow the steps for the Execd Go Shim.
- Add usage and development instructions in the homepage of your repository for running your plugin with its respective
execdplugin. Refer to openvpn and awsalarms for examples. Include the following steps:
- How to download the release package for your platform or how to clone the binary for your external plugin
- Commands to build your binary
- Location to edit your
- Configuration to run your external plugin with inputs.execd, processors.execd or outputs.execd
- Submit your plugin by opening a PR to add your external plugin to the /EXTERNAL_PLUGINS.md list. Include the plugin name, a link to the plugin repository and a short description of the plugin.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for Telegraf and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
InfluxDB Cloud customers can contact InfluxData Support.