Kapacitor user types and permissions
Kapacitor user types and permissions only apply when using internal Kapacitor authorizations. If using InfluxDB Enterprise, Kapacitor inherits user permissions from the InfluxDB Enterprise authorization service.
The following user types are available in Kapacitor:
- admin: Kapacitor user with full permissions.
- normal: Kapacitor user with explicitly set permissions.
The following user permissions are available in Kapacitor. Multiple permissions can be assigned to a single normal user.
- none: Grant no permissions.
- api: Grant permissions for CRUD actions through the Kapacitor API.
- config_api: Grant permission to configure Kapacitor through the API.
- write_points: Grant permission to write points to Kapacitor.
- all: Grant all permissions.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for Kapacitor and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources: