Delete a bucket
Use the InfluxDB user interface (UI) or the
influx command line interface (CLI)
to delete a bucket.
Delete a bucket in the InfluxDB UI
- In the navigation menu on the left, select Data (Load Data) > Buckets.
- Hover over the bucket you would like to delete.
- Click the icon located far right of the bucket name.
- Click Delete to delete the bucket.
Delete a bucket using the influx CLI
influx bucket delete command
to delete a bucket a bucket by name or ID.
Delete a bucket by name
To delete a bucket by name, you need:
- Bucket name
- Bucket’s organization name or ID
# Syntax influx bucket delete -n <bucket-name> -o <org-name> # Example influx bucket delete -n my-bucket -o my-org
Delete a bucket by ID
To delete a bucket by ID, you need:
- Bucket ID (provided in the output of
influx bucket list)
# Syntax influx bucket delete -i <bucket-id> # Example influx bucket delete -i 034ad714fdd6f000
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
Customers with an annual or support contract can contact InfluxData Support.