Monitor data and send alerts
Monitor your time series data and send alerts by creating checks, notification rules, and notification endpoints. Or use community templates to monitor supported environments.
- A check in InfluxDB queries data and assigns a status with a
_levelbased on specific conditions.
- InfluxDB stores the output of a check in the
statusesmeasurement in the
- Notification rules check data in the
statusesmeasurement and, based on conditions set in the notification rule, send a message to a notification endpoint.
- InfluxDB stores notifications in the
notificationsmeasurement in the
Create an alert
To get started, do the following:
- Create checks to monitor data and assign a status.
- Add notification endpoints to send notifications to third parties.
- Create notification rules to check statuses and send notifications to your notifications endpoints.
Manage your monitoring and alerting pipeline
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.