The Graph visualization provides several types of graphs, each configured through the Graph controls.
Select the Graph option from the visualization dropdown in the upper right.
The Graph visualization color codes each table (or series) in the queried data set. When multiple series are present, it automatically assigns colors based on the selected Line Colors option.
When using a line graph, all points within a single table are connected. When multiple series are present, it automatically assigns colors based on the selected Line Colors option.
To view Graph controls, click Customize next to the visualization dropdown.
- X Column: Select a column to display on the x-axis.
- Y Column: Select a column to display on the y-axis.
- Interpolation: Select from the following options:
- Line: Display a time series in a line graph
- Smooth: Display a time series in a line graph with smooth point interpolation.
- Step: Display a time series in a staircase graph.
- Line Colors: Select a color scheme to use for your graph.
- Shade Area Below Lines: Shade in the area below the graph lines.
- Y Axis Label: Label for the y-axis.
- Y Tick Prefix: Prefix to be added to y-value.
- Y Tick Suffix: Suffix to be added to y-value.
- Y Axis Domain: The y-axis value range.
- Auto: Automatically determine the value range based on values in the data set.
- Custom: Manually specify the minimum y-axis value, maximum y-axis value, or range by including both.
- Min: Minimum y-axis value.
- Max: Maximum y-axis value.
- Overlaid: Display graph lines overlaid on each other.
- Stacked: Display graph lines stacked on top of each other.
Graph with linear interpolation
Graph with smooth interpolation
Graph with step interpolation
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, the following resources are available:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.