Use Grafana with InfluxDB OSS
The instructions in this guide require Grafana Cloud or Grafana v7.1+.
- Start InfluxDB OSS 2.0.
- Sign up for Grafana Cloud or download and install Grafana.
- Visit your Grafana Cloud user interface (UI) or, if running Grafana locally,
start Grafana and visit
http://localhost:3000in your browser.
- In the left navigation of the Grafana UI, hover over the gear icon to expand the Configuration section. Click Data Sources.
- Click Add data source.
- Select InfluxDB from the list of available data sources.
- On the Data Source configuration page, enter a name for your InfluxDB data source.
- Under Query Language, select one of the following:
Configure Grafana to use Flux
With Flux selected as the query language in your InfluxDB data source, configure your InfluxDB connection:
Under Connection, enter the following:
URL: Your InfluxDB URL.
Organization: Your InfluxDB organization name or ID.
Token: Your InfluxDB authentication token.
Default Bucket: The default bucket to use in Flux queries.
Min time interval: The Grafana minimum time interval.
Click Save & Test. Grafana attempts to connect to the InfluxDB 2.0 datasource and returns the results of the test.
Configure Grafana to use InfluxQL
To query InfluxDB OSS 2.0 with InfluxQL, find your use case below, and then complete the instructions to configure Grafana:
- Installed a new InfluxDB 2.0 instance
- Upgraded from InfluxDB 1.x to 2.0 (following the official upgrade)
- Manually migrated from InfluxDB 1.x to 2.0
Installed a new InfluxDB 2.0 instance
To configure Grafana to use InfluxQL with a new install of InfluxDB 2.0, do the following:
Upgraded from InfluxDB 1.x to 2.0
To configure Grafana to use InfluxQL when you’ve upgraded from InfluxDB 1.x to InfluxDB 2.0 (following an official upgrade guide):
- Authenticate using the non-admin v1 compatible authentication credentials created during the upgrade process.
- Use the DBRP mappings InfluxDB automatically created in the upgrade process (no action necessary).
Manually migrated from InfluxDB 1.x to 2.0
To configure Grafana to use InfluxQL when you’ve manually migrated from InfluxDB 1.x to InfluxDB 2.0, do the following:
- If your InfluxDB 1.x instance required authentication, create v1 compatible authentication credentials to match your previous 1.x username and password. Otherwise, use InfluxDB v2 token authentication.
- Manually create DBRP mappings.
View and create InfluxDB DBRP mappings
Configure your InfluxDB connection
With InfluxQL selected as the query language in your InfluxDB data source settings:
Under HTTP, enter the following:
URL: Your InfluxDB URL.
Access: Server (default)
Configure InfluxDB authentication:
Under Custom HTTP Headers, select Add Header. Provide your InfluxDB authentication token:
Value: Use the
Tokenschema and provide your InfluxDB authentication token. For example:
Authenticate with username and password
Under InfluxDB Details, do the following:
Click Save & Test. Grafana attempts to connect to the InfluxDB 2.0 data source and returns the results of the test.
Query and visualize data
With your InfluxDB connection configured, use Grafana and Flux to query and visualize time series data stored in your InfluxDB instance.
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, the following resources are available:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.