Chronograf release notes
- Fix error on typing colon.
- Fix time interval in
- Upgrade Go to 1.20.10.
- Repair the user interface served under
- Various security updates.
- Upgrade to Go 1.20.
- Update the admin UI to provide database-level role-based access control (RBAC). Also, made the following improvements to the UI:
- Show permissions mappings more intuitively
- Improve the process of creating users and roles
- Improve visualization of effective permissions on
reader rolefor users that require read-only access to dashboards.
- Add convenient redirection back to an original URL after OAuth authentication.
- Allow InfluxDB connection with context path.
- Ability to customize annotation color.
- Repair table visualization of string values.
- Improve InfluxDB Enterprise server type detection.
- Avoid stale reads in communication with InfluxDB Enterprise meta nodes.
- Properly detect unsupported values in
- Markdown cell content can be selected and copied.
- Improve InfluxDB Enterprise user creation process so “user not found” error no longer occurs, even when user is successfully created.
- Enhance error message notifying user to use InfluxDB v2 administration.
- Upgrade to Go 1.18.3.
- Upgrade Node.js to 16 LTS.
This release renames the Flux
Query Builder to the Flux
Script Builder (and adds improvements), and improves on Kapacitor integration.
Flux Builder improvements
- Rename the Flux
Query Builderto the Flux
Script Builder, and add new functionality including:
- Ability to load truncated tags and keys into the Flux Script Builder when connected to InfluxDB Cloud.
- Script Builder tag keys and tag values depend on a selected time range.
- Make aggregation function selection optional.
- Autocomplete builtin v object in Flux editor.
- Add a warning before overriding the existing Flux Editor script.
Kapacitor integration improvements
Improved pagination and performance of the UI when you have large numbers of TICKscripts and Flux tasks.
- Move Flux Tasks to a separate page under Alerting menu.
TICKscripts Pageunder Alerting menu.
- Optimize Alert Rules API.
Alert Rule Builderfrom the TICKscripts page.
Manage Taskspage, add
- Add alert rule options to not send alert on state recovery and send regardless of state change.
BASE_PATHwhen serving API docs.
- Propagate InfluxQL errors to UI.
- Rename Flux Query to Flux Script.
- Repair time zone selector on Host page.
- Report correct Chronograf version.
- Show failure reason on Queries page.
- Reorder Alerting side menu.
NOTE: We did not release version 1.9.2 due to a bug that impacted communication between the browser’s main thread and background workers. This bug has been fixed in the 1.9.3 release.
- Add ability to rename TICKscripts.
- Add the following enhancements to the
InfluxDB Admin - Queriestab:
Statuscolumn. When hovering over the
Durationcolumn, status shows
- Modify the
CSVexport to include the
- Upgrade to use new
- Ability to log the InfluxDB instance URL when a ping fails, making connection issues easier to identify.
- Repair enforcement of one organization between multiple tabs.
- Configure HTTP proxy from environment variables in HTTP clients. Improvements were made to:
- Token command within
- OAuth client
- Kapacitor client
- Flux client
- Token command within
github.com/microcosm-cc/bluemondayto resolve CVE-2021-42576.
- Distinguish tasks created from templates by appending “created from template” on the Manage Tasks page.
- Upgrade Golang to 1.17.1.
- Update time range of Flux queries when zooming in on dashboard.
- Repair calculation of Flux query range duration.
- When using a
nametask variable, the TICKscript name that appears in the Alert portion of Chronograf now reflects that variable. Previously, name variables were ignored and this led to confusion.
- TICKscripts created from templates are now visible in a read-only mode from within Chronograf.
In addition, TICKscripts created from templates will not appear in the Alert Rule section of the UI.
This requires Kapacitor 1.6.2, which now provides information about the template used to create the underlying TICKscript.
- Pagination of more than 500 Flux tasks was broken. This has now been addressed.
- Safari only: Fix issue displaying Single Stat cells in dashboard.
- Avoid extraneous browser history change.
- Resolve issues that occurred attempting to open multiple organizations across tabs in one browser. Now, the session enforces one organization across browser tabs.
- Support Firefox private mode.
- Repair time rendering in horizontal table.
- Skip missing values in line chart instead of returning zeros.
- Fix calculations to use the appropriate
v.windowPeriodwas stuck at
- Rename ARM RPMs with yum-compatible names.
github.com/microcosm-cc/bluemondayto resolve CVE-2021-29272.
github.com/golang-jwt/jwtto resolve CVE-2020-26160.
Add OAuth PKCE (RFC7636) to OAuth integrations in Chronograf.
PKCE mitigates the threat of the authorization code being intercepted during the OAuth token exchange.
Google, Azure, Octa, Auth0, Gitlab, and others already support OAuth PKCE.
Enabling PKCE should have no effect on integrations with services that don’t
support it yet (such as Github or Bitbucket).
To disable PKCE, set the
OAUTH_NO_PKCE environment variable to
or include the–oauth-no-pkce
flag when startingchronograf`.
- Support data migrations to ETCD over HTTPS.
- Set trusted CA certificates for ETCD connections.
- Configure new Kapacitor alert endpoints in the UI.
- Remove HipChat alert endpoints.
- Show or hide the log status histogram in the Log Viewer.
- Add the following meta query templates in the Data Explorer:
SHOW FIELD KEYS
SHOW SHARD GROUPS
- Flux improvements and additional functionality:
- Add predefined and custom dashboard template variables to Flux query execution.
Flux queries include a
vrecord with a key value pair for each variable.
- Define template variables with Flux.
- Add Kapacitor Flux tasks on the Manage Tasks page (read only).
- Provide documentation link when Flux is not enabled in InfluxDB 1.8+.
- Write to buckets when Flux mode is selected.
- Add predefined and custom dashboard template variables to Flux query execution. Flux queries include a
- Filter fields in the Query Builder.
- Select write precision when writing data through the Chronograf UI.
- Support GitHub Enterprise in the existing GitHub OAuth integration.
- Update the Queries page in the InfluxDB Admin section of the UI to include the following:
- By default, sort queries by execution time in descending order.
- Sort queries by execution time or database.
- Include database count in the Queries page title.
- Select the refresh interval of the Queries page.
- Set up InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS 2.x connections
- Add custom auto-refresh intervals.
- Send multiple queries to a dashboard.
- Add macOS arm64 builds.
- Open alert handler configuration pages with URL hash.
- Omit errors during line visualizations of meta query results.
- Delete log stream when TICKscript editor page is closed.
- Generate correct Flux property expressions.
- Repair stale database list in Log Viewer.
_stopcolumns in Flux query results.
- Improve server type detection in the Connection Wizard.
- Add error handling to Alert History page.
- Don’t fetch tag values when a measurement doesn’t contain tags.
- Filter out roles with unknown organization references.
- Detect Flux support in the Flux proxy.
- Manage execution status per individual query.
- Parse exported dashboards in a resources directory.
- Enforce unique dashboard template variable names.
- Don’t modify queries passed to a Dashboard page using a query URL parameter.
- Fix unsafe React lifecycle functions.
- Improve communication with InfluxDB Enterprise.
- Upgrade UI to TypeScript 4.2.2.
- Upgrade dependencies and use ESLint for TypeScript.
- Update dependency licenses.
- Upgrade Markdown renderer.
- Upgrade Go to 1.16.
- Upgrade build process to Python 3.
- Add the ability to set the active InfluxDB database and retention policy for InfluxQL commands. Now, in Chronograf Data Explorer, if you select a metaquery template (InfluxQL command) that requires you to specify an active database, such as
DROP SERIES FROM, and
DELETE FROM, the
USEcommand is prepended to your InfluxQL command as follows:
USE "db_name"; DROP MEASUREMENT "measurement_name" USE "db_name"; DROP SERIES FROM "measurement_name" WHERE "tag" = 'value' USE "db_name"; DELETE FROM "measurement_name" WHERE "tag" = 'value' AND time < '2020-01-01'
- Add support for Bitbucket
emailsendpoint with generic OAuth. For more information, see Bitbucket documentation and how to configure Chronograf to authenticate with OAuth 2.0.
- Repair ARMv5 build.
- Upgrade to Axios 0.21.1.
- Stop async executions on unmounted LogsPage.
- Repair dashboard import to remap sources in variables.
- UI updates:
- Ignore databases that cannot be read. Now, the Admin page correctly displays all databases that the user has permissions to.
- Improve the Send to Dashboard feedback on the Data Explorer page.
- Log Viewer updates:
- Avoid endless networking loop.
- Show timestamp with full nanosecond precision.
- Configure etcd with client TLS certificate.
- Support Flux in InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS 2.x sources.
- Support Flux Schema Explorer in InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS 2.x sources.
- Let users specify InfluxDB v2 authentication.
- Validate credentials before creating or updating InfluxDB sources.
- Use fully qualified bucket names when using Flux in the Data Explorer.
- Upgrade Go to 1.15.5.
- Upgrade Node.js to 14 LTS.
- Prevent briefly displaying “No Results” in dashboard cells upon refresh.
- Warn about unsupported queries when creating or editing alert rules.
- Use the
ANDlogical operator with not-equal (
!=) tag comparisons in generated TICKscript
- Disable InfluxDB admin page when administration is not possible (while using InfluxDB Cloud or InfluxDB OSS 2.x sources).
- Use token authentication against InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS 2.x sources.
- Avoid blank screen on Windows.
- Repair visual comparison with time variables (
- Repair possible millisecond differences in duration computation.
- Remove deprecated React SFC type.
- Add the option to select a recovery action in the OpsGenie2 configuration.
- Ensure the alert rule name is correctly displayed in the Alert Rules and TICKscript lists.
- Resolve the issue that caused a truncated dashboard name.
- Ensure the TICKscript editor is scrollable in Firefox.
- Apply default timeouts in server connections to ensure a shared HTTP transport connection is used between Chronograf and InfluxDB or Kapacitor.
- Retain the selected time zone (local or UTC) in the range picker.
- Export CSV with a time column formatted according to the selected time zone (local or UTC).
This release includes breaking changes: TLS1.2 is now the default minimum required TLS version. If you have clients that require older TLS versions, use one of the following when starting Chronograf:
- Allow to configure HTTP basic access authentication.
- Allow setting token-prefix in Alerta configuration.
- Make session inactivity duration configurable.
- Allow configuration of TLS ciphers and versions.
- Disable default dashboard auto-refresh.
- Fix to user migration.
isPresentfilter to rule TICKscript.
- Make vertical scrollbar visible when rows overflow in TableGraph.
- Require well-formatted commit messages in pull request.
- Upgrade Dockerfile to use Alpine 3.12.
- Escape tag values in Query Builder.
- Sort namespaces by database and retention policy.
- Make MySQL protoboard more useful by using derivatives for counter values.
- Add HTTP security headers.
- Resolve an issue that caused existing data to be overwritten when there were multiple results for a specific time. Now, all query results are successfully shown in the Table visualization.
- Resolve an issue that prevented boolean field and tag values from being displayed. Now, field and tag values are printed in TICKscript logs.
- Fix public-url generic OAuth configuration issue.
- Fix crash when starting Chronograf built by Go 1.14 on Windows.
- Keep dashboard’s table sorting stable on data refresh.
- Repair TICKscript editor scrolling on Firefox.
- Better parse Flux CSV results.
.Time.Unixin alert message validation.
- Fix error when viewing Flux raw data after edit.
- Repair management of Kapacitor rules and TICKscripts.
- Avoid undefined error when dashboard is not ready yet.
- Fall back to point timestamp in log viewer.
- Add global functions and string trimming to alert message validation.
- Merge query results with unique column names.
- Avoid exiting presentation mode when zooming out.
- Avoid duplication of
csv.fromin functions list.
- Fix misaligned tables when scrolling.
- Fixed missing token subcommand.
- Incomplete OAuth configurations now throw errors listing missing components.
- Extend OAuth JWT timeout to match cookie lifespan.
- Added ability to ignore or verify custom OAuth certs.
- Update to Flux v0.65.0.
- Fix table rendering bug introduced in 1.8.1.
Warning: Critical bug that impacted table rendering was introduced in 1.8.1. Do not install this release, install v1.8.2, which includes the features and bug fixes below.
- Add ability to directly authenticate single SuperAdmin user against the API.
- Update table results to output formatted strings rather than as single-line values.
- Handle change to newsfeed data structure.
- Add Chronograf high availability (HA) configuration, including:
etcdas an alternate backend store for multiple instances of Chronograf
chronoctltool to migrate from BoltDB to etcd
If you're installing Chronograf for the first time, learn how to [create a new Chronograf HA configuration](/chronograf/v1/administration/create-high-availability/). If you're upgrading Chronograf, learn how to [migrate your existing Chronograf configuration to HA](/chronograf/v1/administration/migrate-to-high-availability/).
- Add configuration option to disable the Host List page.
- Add ability to select a data source when creating a template variable.
- Add the
refreshquery parameter to set the dashboard auto-refresh interval (by default, 10000 milliseconds). Discover ways to configure your dashboard.
- The Log Viewer no longer crashes if an invalid severity is used (for example,
emerg). Now, by default, the Log Viewer assigns the first color in the list on the Configure Log View page to an invalid severity.
- Resolve issue when using InfluxDB self-signed certificates that caused Chronograf to fail to check for Flux support. Now the source
insecureSkipVerifysetting is passed to the Flux client.
non_negative_derivativecalls to use 1s.
- Update InfluxData URL to use the correct Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) headers.
- No longer support direct upgrade from Chronograf 1.3.x. If you’re upgrading 1.3.x, first install 1.7.x, and then install 1.8.
- Allow logging out when using OAuth.
- Update the Flux schema explorer to correctly use meta queries.
- Restore blank y-axis labels by using a known y-axis label if available.
:upperDashboardTime:to InfluxQL queries to support custom dashboard time ranges.
- Update the heuristic for matching Kapacitor TICKscripts when creating batch tasks.
- Pin to latest minor GO version; improve Docker build process.
- Remove optional ID in create dashboard swagger.
- Resolve GitHub pagination error for users with more than 10 GitHub organizations.
- Fix HTTP 400 error that occurred when making HTTP requests on an HTTPS server.
- Upgrade to Flux v0.50.2, includes updated Flux functions.
- Fix date range picker in Data Explorer.
- Fix Data Explorer crashing due to empty query.
- Fix styles in Kapacitor alert config page.
- Fix scroll to row bug on table graphs.
- Wrap inline commas in quotes to distinguish from CSV delimiters.
- Fix TICKscript editor syntax coloring.
- Fix JWK check when using login_id.
- Fix dashboard typos.
- Configure Papa Parse to distinguish inline vs delimiter commas.
- Fix TICKscript editor coloring for boolean literals.
- Fix JWK signing key check.
- Fix alert rule message text template parsing.
- Fix erroneous query manipulation.
- Fix group by database for numSeries and numMeasurement queries in canned dashboards.
lodashdependencies with known vulnerabilities.
- Fix dashboard typos in protoboard queries.
- Fix repeating last command in Data Explore window when multiple tabs are open.
- Add toggle for UTC and local time.
- Add time zone selector to data explorer.
- Add time zone toggle.
- Add Login Hint and redirect to OAuth provider automatically.
- Clarify wording of PagerDuty v1 deprecation message.
- Requesting info from an unavailable source no longer causes the page to hang.
- Create Chronograf user before CentOS installation.
- Add support for web workers in IE11.
- Properly update query time bounds when zooming in on a dashboard.
- Fix an issue where Flux responses weren’t parsed correctly.
- Allow negative numbers for configured y-axis minimums
- Fix fetching tag keys in Flux Builder.
- Fix the input for line controls in visualization options.
- Fix Cell editor visualization not using CEO time range.
- Fix an issue where imports were not working in Flux scripts.
- Updated the UI to work with the latest Flux version.
- Fix the input for line controls in visualization options.
- Stop scrollbars from covering text in Flux Editor.
- Insert Flux function near cursor in Flux Editor.
- Fix double-quoting of map template values.
- Fix disappearing data when scrolling a table.
- Escape injected meta query values.
- Fix out-of-range decimal places.
- Stop raw y-axis format from getting updated to 10.
- Correct autoInterval calculations.
- Fix multiple organizations not showing configured Kapacitor connections.
- Fix the inability to edit Kapacitor info in the onboarding wizard.
- Use JWT in Enterprise for authentication in Flux.
- Properly set scroll to row for table graph.
- Prevent Kapacitor URLs from being overwritten in Connection Wizard.
- Fix logs intermittently appearing empty on first load.
- Prevent meta node URLs from being overwritten in Connection Wizard.
- Update functions list for Flux 0.12.
- Update Go, Node, and Alpine versions.
- Add loading spinners while fetching protoboards.
- Add ability to skip Kapacitor step while adding a connection.
- Remove extra save options for retention policy during database creation.
- Fix logs page getting stuck on scroll to top.
- Fix Flux pivot function using incorrectly named parameters.
- Fix momentary display of fallback notes while dashboard is loading.
- Fix issue displaying UUID in table cells.
- Update functions list for Flux 0.7.1.
- Fix single stat graphs decimal places when using Flux.
- Fix missing data and type in refreshing graph.
- Fix logs in loading state.
- Improve display of Flux Wizard on small screens.
- Update logs histogram data on click and new search.
- Prevent cell renaming widget from pushing other header elements offscreen.
- Fix Flux editor scrollbars.
- Use valid characters for Sensu IDs.
- Add loading spinners while fetching protoboards.
- Get protoboards from multistore if not able to find from ProtoboardsPath.
- Handle basepath issue with missing slash.
- Fix the ping protoboard.
- Save fieldOptions to cells created from Data Explorer page.
- Fix grouping in canned dashboard queries.
- Update canned dashboard queries so they all use database and retention policy.
- Remove “dismiss” text from and add “X to dismiss” to wizard overlay steps.
- Update Docker, InfluxDB, and PostgreSQL protoboards.
- Remove hardcoded database/retention period from protoboards.
- Fix empty graph on alert rule creation page.
- Add protoboard environment variables to build scripts.
- Show manual refresh when paused.
- Update Dockerfile to include protoboards.
- Fix log columns not rendering.
- Fix scroll loading indicator not hiding in logs.
- Add filestore-backed API for protodashboards.
- Add loading status indicator to hosts page.
- Add ability to copy expanded/untruncated log message.
- Add close button for logs popover.
- Add search attributes to log viewer.
- Add regex search for app name in log lines.
- Save log line wrap/truncate preference.
- Add button on Data Explorer to send query to dashboard cell.
- Introduce note visualization type.
- Add Dynamic Source option to Cell Editor Overlay (CEO) source selector.
- Add time selector dropdown to CEO.
- Add visualization options to the Data Explorer.
- Add Flux query editor to the Data Explorer and use same UI as CEO.
- Add ability to save a Flux query to a cell.
- Allow deep linking Flux script in Data Explorer.
- Add ability to use line graph, single stat, and table visualizations for Flux queries.
- Allow Flux dashboard cells to be exported.
- Add option to disable gzip compression.
Clear logs after searching.
Add logs page loading spinner.
Autofocus dashboard query editor.
Fix query editor flickering on update.
Remove character count limit from prefix and suffix for single stat and gauge cells.
Add button to encourage switching visualization type to table graph when query response is not supported by line graph.
Colorize entire single stat cell.
Positioned cloned cells adjacent to target cell.
Add metaquery template generator button to Data Explorer and CEO.
Redesign CEO for reuse in other parts of application.
Automatically scroll to the current measurement in the Data Explorer.
- Render null data point values in alerts table as em dashes.
- Add validation to alert rule messages.
- Fix search results updating race condition.
- Include source IDs, links, and names in dashboard exports
- Add ability to map sources when importing dashboards
- Make it easier to get mouse into hover legend
- Ensure text template variables reflect query parameters
- Enable using a new, blank text template variable in a query
- Ensure cells with broken queries display “No Data”
- Fix use of template variables within InfluxQL regexes
- Pressing play on log viewer goes to “now”
- Fix display of log viewer histogram when a basepath is enabled
- Fix crosshairs and hover legend display in Alert Rule visualization
- Size loading spinners based on height of their container
- Add support for template variables in cell titles.
- Add ability to export and import dashboards.
- Add ability to override template variables and time ranges via URL query.
- Add pprof routes to chronograf server.
- Add API to get/update Log Viewer UI config.
- Consume new Log Viewer config API in client to allow user to configure log viewer UI for their organization.
- Sort task table on Manage Alert page alphabetically.
- Redesign icons in side navigation.
- Remove Snip functionality in hover legend.
- Upgrade Data Explorer query text field with syntax highlighting and partial multi-line support.
- Truncate message preview in Alert Rules table.
- Improve performance of graph crosshairs.
- Hide dashboard cell menu until mouse over cell.
- Auto-Scale single-stat text to match cell dimensions.
- Ensure cell queries use constraints from TimeSelector.
- Fix Gauge color selection bug.
- Fix erroneous icons in Date Picker widget.
- Fix allowing hyphens in basepath.
- Fix error in cell when tempVar returns no values.
- Change arrows in table columns so that ascending sort points up and descending points down.
- Fix crosshairs moving passed the edges of graphs.
- Change y-axis options to have valid defaults.
- Stop making requests for old sources after changing sources.
- Fix health check status code creating FireFox error.
- Change decimal places to enforce 2 places by default in cells.
- Fix Color Scale Dropdown
- Add table view as a visualization type.
- Add default retention policy field as option in source configuration for use in querying hosts from Host List page and Host pages.
- Add support for PagerDuty v2 alert endpoints in UI.
- Add support for OpsGenie v2 alert endpoints in UI.
- Add support for Kafka alert endpoint in UI to configure and create alert handlers.
- Add support for disabling Kapacitor services.
- Add support for multiple Slack alert endpoint configurations in the UI.
User interface improvements
- Notify user when a dashboard cell is added, removed, or cloned.
- Fix Template Variables Control Bar to top of dashboard page.
- Remove extra click when creating dashboard cell.
- Reduce font sizes in dashboards for increased space efficiency.
- Add overlay animation to Template Variables Manager.
- Display ‘No results’ on cells without results.
- Disable template variables for non-editing users.
- YAxisLabels in Dashboard Graph Builder not showing until graph is redrawn.
- Ensure table views have a consistent user experience between Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Change AutoRefresh interval to paused.
- Get cloned cell name for notification from cloned cell generator function.
- Improve load time for Host page.
- Show Kapacitor batch point info in log panel.
- Allow user to select TICKscript editor with mouse-click.
- Change color when value is equal to or greater than the threshold value.
- Fix base path for Kapacitor logs.
- Fix logout when using
- Fix graphs in alert rule builder for queries that include
- Fix auto not showing in the group by dropdown and explorer getting disconnected.
- Display y-axis label on initial graph load.
- Fix not being able to change the source in the CEO display.
- Fix only the selected template variable value getting loaded.
- Fix Generic OAuth bug for GitHub Enterprise where the principal was incorrectly being checked for email being Primary and Verified.
- Fix missing icons when using basepath.
- Limit max-width of TICKScript editor.
- Fix naming of new TICKScripts.
- Fix data explorer query error reporting regression.
- Fix Kapacitor Logs fetch regression.
- Snapshot all db struct types in migration files.
- Add support for RS256/JWKS verification, support for
id_tokenparsing (as in ADFS).
- Add ability to set a color palette for Line, Stacked, Step-Plot, and Bar graphs.
- Add ability to clone dashboards.
:interval:to represent a raw InfluxQL duration value.
- Add paginated measurements API to server.
- Data Explorer measurements can be toggled open.
- New dashboard cells appear at bottom of layout and assume the size of the most common cell.
- Standardize delete confirmation interactions.
- Standardize Save and Cancel interactions.
- Improve cell renaming.
- Always save template variables on first edit.
- Query annotations at auto-refresh interval.
- Display link to configure Kapacitor on Alerts Page if no configured Kapacitor.
- Fix saving of new TICKscripts.
- Fix appearance of cell y-axis titles.
- Only add
stateChangesOnlyto new rules.
- Fix 500s when deleting organizations.
- Fixes issues with providing regexp in query.
- Ensure correct basepath prefix in URL pathname when passing InfluxQL query param to Data Explorer.
- Fix type error bug in Kapacitor Alert Config page and persist deleting of team and recipient in OpsGenieConfig.
- Fixes errors caused by switching query tabs in CEO.
- Only send threshold value to parent on blur.
- Require that emails on GitHub & Generic OAuth2 principals be verified & primary, if those fields are provided.
- Send notification when retention policy (rp) creation returns a failure.
- Show valid time in custom time range when now is selected.
- Default to zero for gauges.
- Require that emails on GitHub & Generic OAuth2 principals be verified & primary if those fields are provided.
- Fixes template variable editing not allowing saving.
- Save template variables on first edit.
- Fix template variables not loading all values.
- Add unsafe SSL to Kapacitor UI configuration
- Add server flag to grant SuperAdmin status to users authenticating from a specific Auth0 organization
- Redesign system notifications
- Fix Heroku OAuth 2.0 provider support
- Fix error reporting in Data Explorer
- Fix Okta OAuth 2.0 provider support
- Change hover text on delete mappings confirmation button to ‘Delete’
- Automatically add graph type ’line’ to any graph missing a type
- Fix hanging browser on docker host dashboard
- Fix Kapacitor Rules task enabled checkboxes to only toggle exactly as clicked
- Prevent Multi-Select Dropdown in InfluxDB Admin Users and Roles tabs from losing selection state
- Fix intermittent missing fill from graphs
- Support custom time range in annotations API wrapper
- Require that emails on GitHub & Generic OAuth2 principals be verified & primary if those fields are provided.
- Include URL in Kapacitor connection creation requests.
- Prevent execution of queries in cells that are not in view on the Dashboard page.
- Add an optional persistent legend which can toggle series visibility to dashboard cells.
- Allow user to annotate graphs via UI or API.
- Add ability to set a prefix and suffix on Single Stat and Gauge cell types.
- Rename ‘Create Alerts’ page to ‘Manage Tasks’; redesign page to improve clarity of purpose.
- Save only selected template variable values into dashboards for non-CSV template variables.
- Use Generic APIKey for OAuth2 group lookup.
- Fix bug in which resizing any cell in a dashboard causes a Gauge cell to resize.
- Don’t sort Single Stat & Gauge thresholds when editing threshold values.
- Maintain y-axis labels in dashboard cells.
- Require that emails on GitHub & Generic OAuth2 principals be verified & primary if those fields are provided.
- Allow self-signed certificates for InfluxDB Enterprise meta nodes.
basepathwhen fetching server API routes.
- Set default
:interval: with Data Explorer CSV download call.
- Display series with value of
0in a cell legend.
- Allow multiple event handlers per rule.
- Add “Send Test Alert” button to test Kapacitor alert configurations.
- Link to Kapacitor config panel from Alert Rule builder.
- Add auto-refresh widget to Hosts List page.
- Upgrade to Go 1.9.4 and Node 6.12.3.
- Allow users to delete themselves.
- Add All Users page, visible only to SuperAdmins.
chronoctlbinary for user CRUD operations.
- Introduce mappings to allow control over new user organization assignments.
- Clarify terminology regarding InfluxDB and Kapacitor connections.
- Separate saving TICKscript from exiting editor page.
- Enable Save (
⌘ + Enter) and Cancel (
Escape) hotkeys in Cell Editor Overlay.
- Enable customization of Single Stat “Base Color”.
- Fix TICKscript Sensu alerts when no GROUP BY tags selected.
- Display 200 most-recent TICKscript log messages; prevent overlapping.
TOto kapacitor SMTP config; improve config update error messages.
- Remove CLI options from
- Remove CLI options from
- Fix disappearance of text in Single Stat graphs during editing.
- Redirect to Alerts page after saving Alert Rule.
- Add separate CLI flag for canned sources, Kapacitors, dashboards, and organizations.
- Add Telegraf interval configuration.
- Allow insecure (self-signed) certificates for Kapacitor and InfluxDB.
- Fix positioning of custom time indicator.
- Add support for multiple organizations, multiple users with role-based access control, and private instances.
- Add Kapacitor logs to the TICKscript editor
- Add time shift feature to DataExplorer and Dashboards
- Add auto group by time to Data Explorer
- Support authentication for Enterprise Meta Nodes
- Add Boolean thresholds for kapacitor threshold alerts
- Update kapacitor alerts to cast to float before sending to influx
- Allow override of generic oauth2 keys for email
- Introduce customizable Gauge visualization type for dashboard cells
- Improve performance of Hosts, Alert History, and TICKscript logging pages when there are many items to display
- Add filtering by name to Dashboard index page
- Improve performance of hoverline rendering
.jsdepstep fails when LDFLAGS is exported
- Fix logscale producing console errors when only one point in graph
- Fix ‘Cannot connect to source’ false error flag on Dashboard page
- Add fractions of seconds to time field in csv export
- Fix Chronograf requiring Telegraf’s CPU and system plugins to ensure that all Apps appear on the HOST LIST page.
- Fix template variables in dashboard query building.
- Fix several kapacitor alert creation panics.
- Add shadow-utils to RPM release packages
- Source extra command line options from defaults file
- After CREATE/DELETE queries, refresh list of databases in Data Explorer
- Visualize CREATE/DELETE queries with Table view in Data Explorer
- Include tag values alongside measurement name in Data Explorer result tabs
- Redesign cell display options panel
- Fix queries that include regex, numbers and wildcard
- Fix apps on hosts page from parsing tags with null values
- Fix updated Dashboard names not updating dashboard list
- Fix create dashboard button
- Fix default y-axis labels not displaying properly
- Gracefully scale Template Variables Manager overlay on smaller displays
- Fix Influx Enterprise users from deletion in race condition
- Fix oauth2 logout link not having basepath
- Fix supplying a role link to sources that do not have a metaURL
- Fix hoverline intermittently not rendering
- Update MySQL pre-canned dashboard to have query derivative correctly
- Improve the copy in the retention policy edit page.
Could not connect to sourcebug on source creation with unsafe-ssl.
- Fix when exporting
SHOW DATABASESCSV has bad data.
- Fix not-equal-to highlighting in Kapacitor Rule Builder.
- Fix undescriptive error messages for database and retention policy creation.
- Fix drag and drop cancel button when writing data in the data explorer.
- Fix persistence of “SELECT AS” statements in queries.
- Every dashboard can now have its own time range.
- Add CSV download option in dashboard cells.
- Implicitly prepend source URLs with
- Add support for graph zooming and point display on the millisecond-level.
- Add manual refresh button for Dashboard, Data Explorer, and Host Pages.
- Increase size of Cell Editor query tabs to reveal more of their query strings.
- Improve appearance of Admin Page tabs on smaller screens.
- Add cancel button to TICKscript editor.
- Redesign dashboard naming & renaming interaction.
- Redesign dashboard switching dropdown.
- Fix Data Explorer disappearing query templates in dropdown.
- Fix missing alert for duplicate db name.
- Chronograf shows real status for Windows hosts when metrics are saved in non-default db.
- Fix false error warning for duplicate Kapacitor name
- Fix unresponsive display options and query builder in dashboards.
- Add fill options to Data Explorer and dashboard queries.
- Support editing kapacitor TICKScript.
- Introduce the TICKscript editor UI.
- Add CSV download button to the Data Explorer.
- Add Data Explorer InfluxQL query and location query synchronization, so queries can be shared using a URL.
- Able to switch InfluxDB sources on a per graph basis.
- Require a second click when deleting a dashboard cell.
- Sort database list in Schema Explorer alphabetically.
- Improve usability of dashboard cell context menus.
- Move dashboard cell renaming UI into Cell Editor Overlay.
- Prevent the legend from overlapping graphs at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a “Plus” icon to every button with an Add or Create action for clarity and consistency.
- Make hovering over series smoother.
- Reduce the number of pixels per cell to one point per 3 pixels.
- Remove tabs from Data Explorer.
- Improve appearance of placeholder text in inputs.
- Add ability to use “Default” values in Source Connection form.
- Display name & port in SourceIndicator tool tip.
- Fix duration for single value and custom time ranges.
- Fix Data Explorer query templates dropdown disappearance.
- Fix no alert for duplicate db name.
- Fix unresponsive display options and query builder in dashboards.
- Fix duration for custom time ranges.
- Fix return code on meta nodes when raft redirects to leader.
- Reduce points per graph to one point per 3 pixels.
- Fix the limit of 100 alert rules on alert rules page.
- Fix graphs when y-values are constant.
- Fix crosshair not being removed when user leaves graph.
- Fix inability to add kapacitor from source page on fresh install.
- Fix DataExplorer crashing if a field property is not present in the queryConfig.
- Fix the max y value of stacked graphs preventing display of the upper bounds of the chart.
- Fix for delayed selection of template variables using URL query params.
- Add prefix, suffix, scale, and other y-axis formatting for cells in dashboards.
- Update the group by time when zooming in graphs.
- Add the ability to link directly to presentation mode in dashboards with the
presentBoolean query parameter in the URL.
- Add the ability to select a template variable via a URL parameter.
- Use line-stacked graph type for memory information.
- Improve cell sizes in Admin Database tables.
- Polish appearance of optional alert parameters in Kapacitor rule builder.
- Add active state for Status page navbar icon.
- Improve UX of navigation to a sub-nav item in the navbar.
- Chronograf now renders on Internet Explorer (IE) 11.
- Resolve Kapacitor config for PagerDuty via the UI.
- Fix Safari display issues in the Cell Editor display options.
- Fix uptime status on Windows hosts running Telegraf.
- Fix console error for ‘placing prop on div’.
- Fix Write Data form upload button and add
- Fix missing cell type (and consequently single-stat).
- Fix regression and redesign drag & drop interaction.
- Prevent stats in the legend from wrapping line.
- Fix raw query editor in Data Explorer, not using selected time.
- Improve ’new-sources’ server flag example by adding ’type’ key.
- Add an input and validation to custom time range calendar dropdowns.
- Add support for selecting template variables with URL params.
- Show “Add Graph” button on cells with no queries.
Upgrade Note This release (184.108.40.206) fixes a possibly data corruption issue with dashboard cells’ graph types. If you upgraded to 220.127.116.11 and visited any dashboard, once you have then upgraded to this release (18.104.22.168) you will need to manually reset the graph type for every cell via the cell’s caret –> Edit –> Display Options. If you upgraded directly to 22.214.171.124, you should not experience this issue.
- Fix inaccessible scroll bar in Data Explorer table.
- Fix non-persistence of dashboard graph types.
- Add y-axis controls to the API for layouts.
- Increase screen real estate of Query Maker in the Cell Editor Overlay.
- Fix domain not updating in visualizations when changing time range manually.
- Prevent console error spam from Dygraph’s synchronize method when a dashboard has only one graph.
- Guarantee UUID for each Alert Table key to prevent dropping items when keys overlap.
- Add a few time range shortcuts to the custom time range menu.
- Add ability to edit a dashboard graph’s y-axis bounds.
- Add ability to edit a dashboard graph’s y-axis label.
- Add spinner in write data modal to indicate data is being written.
- Fix bar graphs overlapping.
- Assign a series consistent coloring when it appears in multiple cells.
- Increase size of line protocol manual entry in Data Explorer’s Write Data overlay.
- Improve error message when request for Status Page News Feed fails.
- Provide affirmative UI choice for ‘auto’ in DisplayOptions with new toggle-based component.
- Fix z-index issue in dashboard cell context menu.
- Clarify BoltPath server flag help text by making example the default path.
- Fix cell name cancel not reverting to original name.
- Fix typo that may have affected PagerDuty node creation in Kapacitor.
- Prevent ‘auto’ GROUP BY as option in Kapacitor rule builder when applying a function to a field.
- Prevent clipped buttons in Rule Builder, Data Explorer, and Configuration pages.
- Fix JWT for the write path.
- Disentangle client Kapacitor rule creation from Data Explorer query creation.
- View server generated TICKscripts.
- Add the ability to select Custom Time Ranges in the Hostpages, Data Explorer, and Dashboards.
- Clarify BoltPath server flag help text by making example the default path
- Add shared secret JWT authorization to InfluxDB.
- Add Pushover alert support.
- Restore all supported Kapacitor services when creating rules, and add most optional message parameters.
- Polish alerts table in status page to wrap text less.
- Specify that version is for Chronograf on Configuration page.
- Move custom time range indicator on cells into corner when in presentation mode.
- Highlight legend “Snip” toggle when active.
- Disallow writing to _internal in the Data Explorer.
- Add more than one color to Line+Stat graphs.
- Fix updating Retention Policies in single-node InfluxDB instances.
- Lock the width of Template Variable dropdown menus to the size of their longest option.
- Add Auth0 as a supported OAuth2 provider.
- Add ability to add custom links to User menu via server CLI or ENV vars.
- Allow users to configure custom links on startup that will appear under the User menu in the sidebar.
- Add support for Auth0 organizations.
- Allow users to configure InfluxDB and Kapacitor sources on startup.
- Redesign Alerts History table on Status Page to have sticky headers.
- Refresh Template Variable values on Dashboard page load.
- Display current version of Chronograf at the bottom of Configuration page.
- Redesign Dashboards table and sort them alphabetically.
- Bring design of navigation sidebar in line with Branding Documentation.
- Prevent legend from flowing over window bottom bound
- Prevent Kapacitor configurations from having the same name
- Limit Kapacitor configuration names to 33 characters to fix display bug
- Synchronize vertical crosshair at same time across all graphs in a dashboard
- Add automatic
GROUP BY (time)functionality to dashboards
- Add a Status Page with Recent Alerts bar graph, Recent Alerts table, News Feed, and Getting Started widgets
- When dashboard time range is changed, reset graphs that are zoomed in
- Bar graph option added to dashboard
- Redesign source management table to be more intuitive
- Redesign Line + Single Stat cells to appear more like a sparkline, and improve legibility
- Update the query config’s field ordering to always match the input query
- Allow users to add functions to existing Kapacitor rules
- Fix logout menu item regression
- Fix InfluxQL parsing with multiple tag values for a tag key
- Fix load localStorage and warning UX on fresh Chronograf install
- Show submenus when the alert notification is present
- Add UI to the Data Explorer for writing data to InfluxDB
- Make the enter and escape keys perform as expected when renaming dashboards
- Improve copy on the Kapacitor configuration page
- Reset graph zoom when the user selects a new time range
- Upgrade to new version of Influx Theme, and remove excess stylesheets
- Replace the user icon with a solid style
- Disable query save in cell editor mode if the query does not have a database, measurement, and field
- Improve UX of applying functions to fields in the query builder
In versions 1.3.1+, installing a new version of Chronograf automatically clears the localStorage settings.
- Fix infinite spinner when
/chronografis a basepath
- Remove the query templates dropdown from dashboard cell editor mode
- Fix the backwards sort arrows in table column headers
- Make the logout button consistent with design
- Fix the loading spinner on graphs
- Filter out any template variable values that are empty, whitespace, or duplicates
- Allow users to click the add query button after selecting singleStat as the visualization type
- Add a query for windows uptime - thank you, @brianbaker!
- Add log event handler- thank you, @mpchadwick!
- Update Go (golang) vendoring to dep and committed vendor directory
- Add autocomplete functionality to template variable dropdowns
- Refactor scrollbars to support non-webkit browsers
- Increase the query builder’s default height in cell editor mode and in the data explorer
- Make the template variables manager more space efficient
- Add page spinners to pages that did not have them
- Denote which source is connected in the sources table
- Use milliseconds in the InfluxDB dashboard instead of nanoseconds
- Notify users when local settings are cleared
- Fix the link to home when using the
- Remove the notification to login on the login page
- Support queries that perform math on functions
- Prevent the creation of blank template variables
- Ensure thresholds for Kapacitor Rule Alerts appear on page load
- Update the Kapacitor configuration page when the configuration changes
- Fix Authentication when using Chronograf with a set basepath
- Show red indicator on Hosts Page for an offline host
- Support escaping from presentation mode in Safari
- Re-implement level colors on the alerts page
- Fix router bug introduced by upgrading to react-router v3.0
- Show legend on Line+Stat visualization type
- Prevent queries with
:dashboardTime:from breaking the query builder
- Add line-protocol proxy for InfluxDB/InfluxDB Enterprise Cluster data sources
:dashboardTime:to support cell-specific time ranges on dashboards
- Add support for enabling and disabling TICKscripts that were created outside Chronograf
- Allow users to delete Kapacitor configurations
- Save user-provided relative time ranges in cells
- Improve how cell legends and options appear on dashboards
- Combine the measurements and tags columns in the Data Explorer and implement a new design for applying functions to fields.
- Normalize the terminology in Chronograf
- Make overlays full-screen
- Change the default global time range to past 1 hour
- Add the Source Indicator icon to the Configuration and Admin pages
See Chronograf’s CHANGELOG on GitHub for information about the 1.2.0-beta releases.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for Chronograf and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources: