This page describes how to download and install Chronograf.
- TICK overview
- Download and install
- Connect to your InfluxDB instance or InfluxDB Enterprise cluster
- Connect to Kapacitor
Chronograf is the user interface for InfluxData’s TICK stack.
Download and install
Windows support is experimental.
The latest Chronograf builds are available on InfluxData’s Downloads page.
Choose the download link for your operating system.
If your download includes a TAR package, save the underlying datastore
chronograf-v1.dbin directory outside of where you start Chronograf. This preserves and references your existing datastore, including configurations and dashboards, when you download future versions.
Install Chronograf, replacing
<version#>with the appropriate version:
Connect Chronograf to your InfluxDB instance or InfluxDB Enterprise cluster
- Point your web browser to localhost:8888.
- Fill out the form with the following details:
- Connection String: Enter the hostname or IP of the machine that InfluxDB is running on, and be sure to include InfluxDB’s default port
- Connection Name: Enter a name for your connection string.
- Username and Password: These fields can remain blank unless you’ve enabled authentication in InfluxDB.
- Telegraf Database Name: Optionally, enter a name for your Telegraf database. The default name is Telegraf.
- Click Add Source.
Connect Chronograf to Kapacitor
- In Chronograf, click the configuration (wrench) icon in the sidebar menu, then select Add Config in the Active Kapacitator column.
- In the Kapacitor URL field, enter the hostname or IP of the machine that Kapacitor is running on. Be sure to include Kapacitor’s default port:
- Enter a name for your connection.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank unless you’ve specifically enabled authorization in Kapacitor.
- Click Connect.
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for Chronograf and this documentation. To find support, the following resources are available: